Sunday, July 11, 2010

Oh ye of little faith...

Hello I'm here, really.
I must apologise, thank you for trying to read my postings. I'm busy, I don't want to say too busy, because you are also busy and find time to post things about your life's journey. I suppose you might say I like to talk the old fashion way, especially within my inner circle, other wise I'm really quite a private person unless you know me, then you can't get a word in. Just ask around and you'll see, talk, talk, talk, and please don't embarrass me by asking me what you said, for I'm a terrible listener, I've been told more than once, more than twice and do remember a third time. But here's a hint when I'm happy and feeling great I just talk, talk, talk. If I'm quiet then something is terribly wrong within my world. But I am trying to change that. Telling myself "seek first to understand, then to be understood". (quote taken from Steven R. Covey). But I get so excited to visit with my friends and family. Please be patient with me, I'm trying to do better, really.

The 4Th of July was just a perfect day all the way through to the very end. I hope it was for you also. Sandy City did us proud. The live music was a blast and we danced in front of the stage like years ago. The blankets on the grass all the families, and my little girls dancing and twirling and all of us singing with the songs. Like their mothers did years ago. Now as Grandma, or G-Ma as Jake calls me, I get the privilege of watching my children's children with their eyes opened wide filled with wonderment and the glow of the fireworks on their sweet Innocent faces. Happy Birthday America, I'm so proud to be here to enjoy all the freedom that others fought for and are still fighting for. God Bless America. I'm truly humbled, yet very happy to be here now to be able to enjoy this thing called life, for I'm blessed woman, and I really value my own personal freedom.

Well that's all for now. Thanks for listening.
~Shonnie Rae~

4 comments:

  1. miracles do happen! Now we will have to spread the word you are back; I think people have stopped checking. Your holiday sounds like it was heaven. Remember our fireworks on the roof?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what I remember about the roof was topless sun bathing...yes I said topless. I'm such a sinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 4th was truly awesome and we all had such a wonderful and memberable time! I see this becoming our new tradition. Thank you for the wonderful memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who else thinks it might be time for a new post?

    ReplyDelete